Chief Master Sergeant Ernesto J. Rendon is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 48th Fighter Wing Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England. As the wing's senior enlisted leader, Chief Rendon serves as the primary advisor to the commander on matters concerning mission effectiveness and the readiness, training, health, welfare and morale of approximately 4,500 active-duty military members and over 1,000 British and U.S. civilians.
Chief Rendon entered the Air Force in October 1992. He graduated from the Air Transportation specialist course at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, and his background includes various duties within the Air Transportation career field, including a three-year assignment as an Air Education and Training Command instructor supervisor for apprentice and craftsman courses. Chief Rendon also served as a First Sergeant for four Air Force units at two permanent duty stations and one deployed location. His assignments include bases in San Antonio and Washington with overseas assignments in Germany, Turkey and Japan. Chief Rendon deployed in support of Operation Southern Watch and Operation Enduring Freedom.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the superintendent for the 721st Air Mobility Operations Group at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
1992 Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
1997 U.S. Air Force Airman Leadership School, McChord AFB, Wash.
2001 Associate’s Degree, Transportation Management, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2004 Associate’s Degree, Instructor of Technology & Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell Gunter Annex, Ala.
2007 Associate’s Degree, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Bachelor of Arts Degree, Management Studies, American Military University, Charles Town, W.Va.
2013 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2016 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense and Business
2017 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Air Force Judge Advocate General’s School
2017 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
1. February 1993 - February 1996, Air Cargo Specialist, 626th Air Mobility Support Squadron, Rhein Main AB, Germany
2. March 1996 - July 1999, Mobility element member, 62nd Aerial Port Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
3. August 1999 - August 2003, Passenger Services Supervisor; Senior Controller, Air Terminal Operations Center; Air Transportation Standardization Evaluator, 723rd AMS, Ramstein AB, Germany
4. August 2003 - October 2006, Instructor Supervisor, Air Transportation, 345th Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. October 2006 - July 2008, First Sergeant, 374th Operations Support Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
6. August 2007 - January 2008, First Sergeant, 379th Expeditionary Communications Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
7. July 2008 - October 2009, First Sergeant, 374th Communications Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
8. October 2009 - July 2010, First Sergeant, 62nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
9. July 2010 - August 2012, First Sergeant, 62nd Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
10. August 2012 - June 2014, Air Freight Superintendent, 62nd Aerial Port Squadron, Joint Base Lewis-McChord Wash.
11. June 2014 - August 2015, Superintendent, 728th Air Mobility Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey
12. Aug 2015 - June 2017, Superintendent, 721st Air Mobility Operations Group, Ramstein AB, Germany
13. June 2017 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, England
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Airman of the Year with bronze star National Defense Service Medal with service star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with service star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
1997 Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School
2005 345th Training Squadron, Lance P. Sijan Award
2008 374th Mission Support Group, First Sergeant of the Year
2010 President of Air Mobility Command’s First Sergeant Council of the Year
2010 Distinguished Graduate, Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2010 62nd Maintenance Group, First Sergeant of the Year
2011 62nd Airlift Wing, Lance P Sijan Award
2013 Air Force, Twelve Outstanding Airmen of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Chief Master Sergeant June 2014
(Current as of June 2017)