Col. Thomas W. Stamp is Commander of the 48th Medical Group, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England. As Commander, he is responsible for the largest U.S. Air Force medical treatment facility in Europe, where he oversees a budget of $355 million and 943 Airmen, operating 30 specialty clinics and a 46-bed inpatient facility.
Prior to assuming his current position, Col. Stamp was assigned to the Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy at National Defense University in Washington, D.C.
Col. Stamp is from Batavia, New York. He entered the U.S. Air Force Academy in May 1992, and graduated as a member of the class of 1996. He then attended Dartmouth Medical School, graduating in 2000. He completed his General Surgery residency at U.S. Air Force Wright-Patterson Medical Center, Ohio, in 2005. He is a Board Certified General Surgeon and graduated Commander of the 10th Surgical Operations Squadron at the U.S. Air Force Academy.
1996 Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology with Minor in Arabic, United States Air Force Academy, Colo. (Distinguished Graduate)
2000 Doctor of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, N.H.
1. July 2000 - July 2005, Resident in General Surgery, U.S. Air Force Medical Center Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2. July 2005 - July 2009, Attending General Surgeon, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
3. July 2009 - July 2012, Attending General Surgeon and General Surgery Department Chief, Landstuhl Army Medical Center, Germany
4. July 2012 - January 2015, Attending General Surgeon and Chief of General Surgery, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
5. January 2015 - July 2017, Commander, 10th Surgical Operations Squadron, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
6. July 2017 – July 2018, Student, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
7. July 2018 - present, Commander, 48th Medical Group, RAF Lakenheath, England
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Outstanding Unit Award
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
NATO Medal (Afghanistan)
PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION
Air Command and Staff College, Non-Resident, 2008
Air War College, Non-Resident, 2013
SIGNIFICANT ADVANCED TRAINING
Critical Air Transport Team Training and Certification
USAF Clinical Excellence Award of the Year, 2013
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor 2009 - Present
Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor 2011 - Present
Military Consultant to the Air Force Surgeon General for General Surgery December 2013 - March 2017
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
(Current as of July 2018)
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1996
Captain March 25, 2000
Major March 25, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel March 25, 2012
Colonel May 30, 2017