Colonel Jason A. Camilletti is the Commander of the 48th Fighter Wing at Royal Air Force Lakenheath and Royal Air Force Feltwell, England; U.S. Country Representative (USCR) to the U.K; and Bomber Task Force Commander for the European Theater. As commander of the only wing in the Air Force with an official name, the “Statue of Liberty Wing,” he is responsible for nearly 7,000 active duty personnel, British and U.S. Civilians, and 11,000 family members. Employing three combat ready fighter squadrons of F-15C Eagles and F-15E Strike Eagles, the Liberty Wing is the largest U.S. fighter operation in Europe. The Wing is also preparing for the arrival of its first F-35A Lightning II in late 2021. As the USCR, Col Camilletti directs the Host Nation Coordination Cell and liaises with the U.K government, Ministry of Defence, and the U.S. Embassy on behalf of the 24,000 U.S. Visiting Forces (service members, dependents, and civilian employees) covered under the NATO Status of Forces Agreement. As BTF Commander, he exercises TACON for the rotational deployments of U.S. bombers into and out of theater.
Colonel Camilletti entered the Air Force in 1999 after commissioning through ROTC from West Virginia University. He has commanded at the group, squadron, and flight levels. His staff assignments include duty at Joint Staff, Headquarters Air Force, and an Air Operations Center. Colonel Camilletti has deployed in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM, and he has flown homeland defense missions in support of Operation NOBLE EAGLE.
Colonel Camilletti is a Command Pilot with over 1,800 hours in the F-22 and F-15.
1999 Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, West Virginia University
1999 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Master of Arts, Public Administration, Troy State University
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 Next Generation National Security Fellow, Center for a New American Security, Washington D.C.
2012 Master of Philosophy, Military Strategy, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air War College, by correspondence
2017 Fellow, Seminar XXI, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Washington D.C.
2018 Master of Arts, Strategic Studies, Marine Corps War College, Quantico, Va.
2019 Leadership Decision Making Program, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. June 1999 - September 2000, Operations Scheduler and Plans Officer, Langley AFB, Va.
2. September 2000 - September 2001, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. September 2001 - January 2002, Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Randolph AFB, Texas.
4. January 2002 - September 2002, Student, F-15 Replacement Training Unit, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. September 2002 - March 2005, F-15 4-Ship Flight Lead, 27th then 94th Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
6. March 2005 - May 2006, Activity Security Manager and F-15 Instructor Pilot, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. March 2006 - October 2007, Flight Commander and F-22 Instructor Pilot, 43rd Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
8. Oct 2007 - May 2008, Chief of F-22 Training Development and F-22 Instructor Pilot, 325th Operations Support Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
9. May 2008 - September 2009, Chief of Weapons and Tactics and F-22 Instructor Pilot, 7th Fighter Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
10. September 2009 - January 2010, Deputy Chief, Target Effects Team, 609th Air and Space Operations Center, Southwest Asia.
11. February 2010 - June 2010, Director of Operations and F-22 Instructor Pilot, 8th Fighter Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
12. July 2010 - June 2011, Air Force Fellows Program, Strategic Policy Intern, Washington DC.
13. July 2011 - June 2012, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. June 2012 - May 2013, Airpower Strategist, CSAF’s Strategic Studies Group, Washington DC.
15. June 2013 - June 2015, Commander, 57th Operations Support Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
16. June 2015 - August 2016, Executive Assistant to Director for Operations (J3), Joint Staff, Washington DC.
17. August 2016 - July 2017, Deputy Director, In-Q-Tel Interface Center (J39), Joint Staff, Washington DC.
18. July 2017 - June 2018, Student, Marine Corps War College, Quantico, Va.
19. June 2018 - July 2020, Commander, 48th Operations Group, RAF Lakenheath, England.
20. July 2020 - present, Commander, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, England.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2015 - August 2016, Executive Assistant to Director for Operations (J3), Joint Staff, Washington DC.
2. August 2016 - July 2017, Deputy Director, In-Q-Tel Interface Center (J39), Joint Staff, Washington DC.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 1,800 hours
Aircraft Flown: F-22, F-15C, F-15E, and T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 15, 1999
First Lieutenant June 15, 2001
Captain June 15, 2003
Major April 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2013
Colonel May 1, 2018
(Current as of March 2021)