Chief Master Sergeant Gene B. Jameson III is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 48th Fighter Wing Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England. As the wing's senior enlisted leader, Chief Jameson serves as the primary advisor to the commander on matters concerning mission effectiveness and the readiness, training, health, welfare and morale of all assigned personnel, including 28 Chief Master Sergeants and fourteen First Sergeants
As USAFE’s Premier Fighter Wing, 48th Fighter is the only wing in the Air Force with an official name, the “Statue of Liberty Wing” as a secondary designation. The Liberty Wing consists of nearly 4,500 active duty personnel, 1,000 British and U.S. civilians, and includes a geographically-separated unit at nearby RAF Feltwell. The wing employs three combat-ready squadrons of F-15E Strike Eagle and F-15C Eagle fighter aircraft.
CMSgt Jameson entered the Air Force in February 1994. He graduated from the Aircraft Control and Early Warning Radar course at Keesler AFB, Miss., in November of 1994. His background spans Electronic Combat Range Squadrons, Air Control Squadrons, Communication Squadrons, and Combat Communications squadrons. He was also a Master Military Training Instructor. He has served at the squadron, group, wing, and DoD Agency staff levels. His assignments include bases in Idaho, Utah, Texas, and Georgia. He has also served overseas in Italy and deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch, Allied Force, Noble Eagle, Iraqi Freedom, New Dawn, Enduring Freedom, Freedom Sentinel, Inherent Resolve, and Combined Joint Task Force Horn of Africa. He assumed his current leadership position in July 2020.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Aviano AB, Italy
2003 Associates of Science, Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force 2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2006 Associates of Science, Instructor in Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I Course, National Defense University, Jt Forces Staff College 2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2015 Bachelors of Science, Project Management, Bellevue University
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course, National Defense University, Jt Forces Staff College
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Andrews AFB
2019 Developing an Outward Mindset, Arbinger Institute
2019 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Air University
2019 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. Feb 1994 – Mar 1994, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Mar 1994 – Dec 1994, Aircraft Control and Early Warning Radar School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. Dec 1994 – Sep 1996, Ground radar Systems Apprentice, 366th Electronic Combat Range Sq, Mt. Home AFB, Idaho
4. Sep 1996 – Jul 1998, Radar Maintenance Journeyman, 726th Air Control Sq., Mt. Home AFB, Idaho (Dec 1997 – Apr 1998, Operation Southern Watch, 4404th Expeditionary Air Control Squadron, Provisional, Kuwait)
5. Jul 1998 – Aug 2002, Radar Maintenance Craftsman, 603rd Air Control Sq., Aviano AB, Italy (Feb 1999 – Jun 1999, Operation Allied Force (Kosovo), 602nd Expeditionary Air Control Wing, Mt. Jaco, Tenente) (Mar 2001 – Jun 2001, Operation Southern Watch, 386th Expeditionary Air Control Squadron, Kuwait)
6. Aug 2002 – Oct 2005, Assistant NCOIC Radar Maintenance Element, 729th Air Control Sq., Hill AFB, Utah (Nov 2002 – Jun 2003, Operation Iraqi Freedom, 386th Expeditionary Air Control Squadron, Kuwait) (May 2004 – Oct 2004, Operation Iraqi Freedom, 332nd Expeditionary Air Control Squadron, Iraq) (Operation Noble Eagle, 4 Vice Presidential Protection Missions between December 2003 and July 2005)
7. Oct 2005 – May 2008, Military Training Instructor, 322nd Training Sq., Lackland AFB, Texas
8. May 2008 – Sep 2008, Military Drill and Ceremony NCO, 322nd Training Sq., Lackland AFB, Texas
9. Sep 2008 – Sep 2009, Section Supervisor, 322nd Training Sq., Lackland AFB, Texas
10. Sep 2009 – Oct 2010, Group Standardization and Evaluation Flight, 737th Training Gp., Lackland AFB, Texas
11. Oct 2010 – Jan 2011, Flight Chief Airfield Systems, 52nd Combat Communications Sq., Robins AFB, Ga.
12. Jan 2011 – Jun 2013, Manager, Wing Cyber Policy then Superintendent, Wing Standardization, 689th Combat Communications Wing, Robins AFB, Ga. (Apr 2011 – Nov 2011, Operation Enduring Freedom, 455th Expeditionary Communication Squadron, Afghanistan)
13. Jun 2013 – Jun 2014, Superintendent, Combat Plans, 53rd Combat Communications Sq., Robins AFB, Ga. (Jul 2013 – Jan 2014 Support Squadron Superintendent, Mwaffaq Salti AB, Jordan)
14. Jun 2014 – Nov 2014, Superintendent, Mission Systems, 51st Combat Communications Sq., Robins AFB, Ga.
15. Nov 2014 – May 2017, Senior Enlisted Leader, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
16. May 2017 – Jun 2018, Group Superintendent, 380th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Al Dhafra AB, UAE
17. Sep 2018 – Jul 2020, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
18. Jul 2020 – present, Command Chief, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, England
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit Medal
Bronze Star Medal with Valor Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters Air Force Achievement Medal with six oak leaf clusters Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal with one service star Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two service stars Iraq Campaign Medal with three service stars Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal NATO Medal with two service stars
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Airmen Leadership School
2003 Air Force level Lt. General Leo Marquez Technician/Supervisor Award Winner 2005 Distinguished Graduate, Military Training Instructor School
2006 322 TRS MTI Rookie of the Year 2007 322 TRS NCO of the Year
2007 Awarded Master Military Training Instructor Blue Rope 2008 Awarded AETC Master Instructor Badge
2008 322 TRS Master Military Training Instructor “Blue Rope” of the Year
2011 689 CCW General John P. Jumper Excellence in Warfighting Integration Award 2012 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy
2012 Georgia Military Heroes Ultimate Wingman Award Winner
2014 Air Force’s Chief Information Officer Annual Team Award Winner
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant November 2015
(Current as of Sep 2020)